Vermont History Museum
The Vermont History Museum is Central Vermont's destination to learn about the history of the Green Mountain State. Located in the Pavilion Building in downtown Montpelier, it showcases the Vermont Historical Society's collections through its exhibits and educational programming. The museum is open on Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM (closed on state and federal holidays.)
Information on parking in downtown Montpelier can be found here. Our accessible entrance is located on Gov. Davis Ave alongside the museum.
Rates & Admission
- Adults: $9
- Families: $25
- Seniors, students, children: $7
- Members and children under 6: free.
- Military: we are a Blue Star Museum, offering free admission to active-duty military personnel.
Educational groups are admitted free with advance reservations. Click here for information on scheduling a field trip.
Tour groups are welcome at a discounted rate: please contact us for more information.
We offer a wide range of books and gifts at the museum bookstore:
- Vermont Historical Society publications
- Books about Vermont history
- Toys and children's books
- Gifts, postcards, stationary
Books are also available via our online bookstore.